Dabbing is a method used for inhaling vapors of cannabidiol (CBD). It was originally used for consuming THC wax. This is popular among experienced users because of its potent effects, and hence not suitable for beginners. Also, the experience of dabbing depends on the skill of the person. When compared to other methods of consuming cannabidiol, dabbing requires dab rig, dab nail, and CBD concentrate for producing vapors. In this article, we will discuss in detail how CBD dabs are made, and shared below are details about this.
What Is CBD Dabbing?
Before discussing how CBD dabs are made, it is important to know about dabbing. Dabbing is a method used for inhaling vapors of cannabidiol, which is produced by heating CBD concentrate. It is usually made using full-spectrum hemp extracts that contain all the cannabinoids naturally found in the plant.
Listed below are the tools used for dabbing cannabidiol (CBD):
- Dab rig, which is a specialized bong
- Carb cap
The different types of CBD concentrates are the following:
- Live resin
- Crystal or powder
Why Should You Choose Wax For CBD Dabbing?
Listed below are the major reasons to choose wax for CBD dabbing:
- Wax is easier to produce
- Wax is easier to use
- It is easier to handle wax
- It is easier to measure wax
How Is CBD Wax Made?
In alcohol extraction, 99 to 100% pure alcohol is used for making the CBD concentrate.
- Hemp plant parts like flowers, buds, or leaves
- 99 – 100% pure isopropyl alcohol
- Freezer and heat safe containers
- Hot water
- Metal mesh screen
- Unbleached coffee filters
- Break the hemp plant parts into small pieces.
- Dry the broken hemp plant parts by putting them in an oven-safe container and heat them in an oven at 200°F for 20 minutes.
- Put the dried hemp plant parts in a container with 99 – 100% pure isopropyl alcohol and place the mixture in a freezer for three to five hours.
- Remove the mixture from the freezer and pour cold water over the plant parts such that it is covered at least one inch in water.
- Gently swish this mixture for 20 seconds.
- Now, pour this mixture through a mesh screen to separate plant materials from the alcohol.
- Pour this alcohol through the unbleached coffee filter into another container.
- Now, allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- When the alcohol is completely evaporated, you can scrape CBD wax from the bottom of the container.
We hope that the details shared above will help you to make CBD wax at home for dabbing.