Hemp-derived products like CBD oil, waxes, vape oil, etc., are gaining popularity among users by leaps and bounds. Also, in light of emerging evidence about the possible medical application of this cannabinoid, cannabidiol (CBD) was legalized at the federal level. The purpose of this article is to discuss in detail the cannabidiol product, CBD wax; read ahead to know more about it.
What Is CBD Wax?
CBD wax is a type of CBD concentrate. It is mainly used for dabbing cannabidiol. Some facts about CBD wax are shared below.
There Are Different Types Of CBD Wax
There are different types of CBD wax, and they are the following:
- Shatter: This type of wax that has a glassy appearance along with a honey-like or gooey texture.
- Crumble: This has a texture like feta cheese, i.e. it is creamy.
- Budder: This type of CBD wax is made by using air pressure, and the texture is creamy like butter.
- Live Resin: This is the more costly type of CBD wax because of the unique extraction method used for making it. It is prepared by the freeze-drying method; this helps to trap all the good phytochemicals naturally found in the hemp plant.
Different Methods Can Be Used For Making CBD Wax
The two common extraction methods used for making CBD wax are the following:
- Butane Hash Oil (BHO) Extraction: Here, butane is used as the main solvent during the extraction process.
- CO2 Extraction: In this method, supercritical carbon dioxide is used for extracting the phytochemicals from the hemp plant parts. The main advantage of CO2 extraction is that it produces a cleaner product.
CBD Wax is used for dabbing, i.e. inhaling the vapors of cannabidiol. So, cannabidiol quickly enters the bloodstream through the lungs and provides instant relief from discomforts.
It Cannot Make You High
CBD wax cannot make you high because it is made using hemp plant strains that have less than 0.3% of psychotropic THC. Also, when these cannabinoids are consumed together, CBD can counter the side effects of THC. So, it is an ideal product that you can use during the daytime for improving your mood and productivity.
On a final note, before using cannabidiol (CBD), it would be ideal to consult a physician because it might not be equally effective for all.